islearning – Enhanced Curriculum Management
itslearning Enhances Curriculum Management Functionality Fueling US District Adoptions
New features include customizable, standards-aligned planner, learning objects repository for aggregating publisher and OER content and powerful course template functionality for district-wide curriculum delivery
Newton, MA, Nov. 17, 2015 – Dedicated to providing continuous improvements to support curriculum management, itslearning (www.itslearning.net) is once again setting itself apart from the learning management system pack with the unveiling of its latest platform upgrades. The new core functionality will bring curriculum management capability and content together into a one-stop-shop and ensure that units, lessons, resources, and assessments can be easily aligned to standards, utilized by teachers and updated by curriculum staff.
“Just as districts are focused on meeting the wants and needs of today’s digital learners, we too are committed to reshape how learning can happen, and we’ve taken important steps toward realizing that vision today,” said itslearning vice president of sales and marketing, Matt Dobosh. “We offer solutions to consolidate the ‘silos’ of curriculum and content platforms being used by teachers and instead provide a one-stop-shop solution that brings significant costs savings when integrating legacy instructional delivery systems within a school or district. And all of this is delivered to teachers with a single user experience.”
The newest components added to the curriculum management functionality include streamlining the curriculum management process, tracking and advancing student progress monitoring as well as facilitating best practice instruction and maximizing the return on investment. Specifically, itslearning includes:
- Improvements in ease of adding content to the Library from publishers using the IMS Global® Thin Common Cartridge® standard
- Curriculum guides, instructional frameworks and resources are all located in the same platform
- Content ratings and reviews by users
- Auto-update of contents ensuring the most current and relevant supports for learning
- Capability for users to “follow” content creators when they add new items
- Ability to establish a dynamic curriculum that allows instructional leadership to modify and revise course templates, then push out these changes to all users
- Ease of alignment of units, lessons and assessments to standards in the planner
- Support of Microsoft Office Web Apps for ease of viewing and editing of curriculum documents
- Content in the learning objects repository serves to power the recommendation engine for students who are not showing mastery of the assigned learning objectives.
“With the assistance of the itslearning implementation team, we now have aggregated over 1 million learning objects from various publishers in our district’s library,” said Beatriz Arnillas, director of education technology at Houston (TX) Independent School District. “itslearning is now the central repository for content and resources used by teachers and students and allows parents to share information and collaborate in the education process.”
Michele Eaton, Virtual Learning Specialist for Wayne Township (IN) added: “itslearning is quickly becoming our ‘learning hub’ and is effectively helping us reduce the need for other vendors’ solutions. We are able to seamlessly combine our curriculum mapping processes with the student-learning environment. This new functionality will make it easier for teachers to plan, access district resources and enable a student-centered learning environment for all stakeholders.”
About itslearning, Inc.
Established in 1999, itslearning is a cloud-based K-12 learning management system designed to make teaching easier, learning more engaging, and parent involvement more effective and efficient. More than 5 million students, educators and parents around the world are using the media-rich robust learning platform to shape, support and manage a more personalized learning environment for 21st century learners.
Headquartered in Bergen, Norway, itslearning has offices in Boston, Atlanta, London, Birmingham, Berlin, Paris, Mulhouse, Malmo, and Enscheda. For more information, visit http://www.itslearning.net.